Happy New Year! As I end the first day of 2018, I want to share a process that has a very special place in my life. It’s a consciousness-building exercise that I have found eliminates the sense of failure when my “resolve” leaves me. Instead of the stress of a New Year Resolution, I choose a word to guide my year. I have had so many successful experiences as a result that I just had to share.
What is a Word of the Year?
Seven years ago, my dear friend told me that she chooses a word to guide her year instead of a resolution, and I decided to join her. I have chosen ‘Create’, ‘Grow’, ‘Learn’, ‘Enjoy, ‘Practice’ and ‘Connect’.
- The word I choose needs to apply to all areas of my life. I want it to work for my inner self, my family, my job, relationships and present and future goals.
- I look at my life as it is at present. What do I really want? What has worked? What needs work? I take an honest look at everything and everyone around me and see where my role in my own life is a success and where it needs work.
- I focus on the things that I want, and the goals I have, using the Law of Attraction. By placing a word in front of me, I have been able to manifest my dream life.. I Created art, a home, a family. I Learned how to knit, make art in new ways, lessons about myself, how to cook Paleo food. I Enjoyed my healing processes as I faced health challenges, seeing the world through the eyes of my child, and becoming a blogger and writer.
- I imagine what I want my life to look like, without reservation. Dreaming our ultimate dreams has paid off! I look at the money I want to make, the ways I want to go about it, the steps I need to make it happen, and who I want to become.
My word for 2018 is ‘Nourish’. I will
- Nourish my family.
- Nourish my health.
- Nourish my creativity.
- Nourish my wanderlust.
- Nourish my daughter’s sense of wonder.
- Nourish my marriage.
- Nourish my friendships.
- Nourish my emotional body.
- Nourish my spiritual journey.
- Nourish the environment.
- Nourish my blog.
What is your word? Leave me a comment and tell me why you chose that word.